Wednesday, May 26, 2010

saving for a rainy day

WOT and i have an elaborate, well thought out plan to save for our post-work years. we don't want to be a burden to our spawn, we don't want them worrying how they can keep from paying a penny to care for us in our broken-down frunkeness. so we save. we have beautifully crafted auto-updating computer spreadsheets tracking our planned saving to actual levels. monthly shortfalls require detailed explanation, with unacceptable excuses being logged into our permanent records. our little pile o'cash is growing and growing. but what will happen near the end. will a rival club me to death over a mastodon bone? will WOT run off with the pile o'cash and a young up-and-coming tribal leader? will i succumb to a life of harsh weather and malnutrition?

or, will i like so many now reaching the tarnished years, lose all my pile o'cash to a assisted care cave that will treat me poorly, give me nothing, and leave WOT and my spawn with nothing of my hard earned lifetime savings?

is this what i have to look forward to???

i seen how the word, ugh, was invented.

No comments: